We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
ShortPress collects personal information for the purpose of its provision of services to you and the operation and administration of the organisation. This information typically includes:
· your name, address, and phone numbers and email addresses (contact information);
· your age, birth date, gender, occupation, profession or job title;
· your ShortPress websites usernames and passwords and your interactions with ShortPress-related websites;
· details of the products and services you have purchased from ShortPress or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
· any additional information relating to you that you provide to ShortPress directly through our websites or indirectly through use of ShortPress’ websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
· information you provide to ShortPress through customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
· ShortPress may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our websites
How do we collect your personal information?
ShortPress collects your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. ShortPress collects personal information that you provide us:
· over the phone, in correspondence, in person, via our websites and related social media platforms;
· during conversations between you and our representatives;
· during any written communications between you and our representatives;
· when you complete an application, a credit application or goods/services order with us;
· when we engage you to provide us with any goods/services;
· when you apply for a position with us or send us an expression of interest, directly or via a third party or third party service;
· when you register to enter any competitions on our websites or social media sites;
· when you register your details at any of our promotional sampling events; and
· when you register for any of our services or services managed by us, including WiFi networks, alerts, blogs, or other subscription services.
ShortPress may also collect personal information from third parties including from third party companies such as the ShortPress platform service providers, recruitment agencies, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. We may also log IP addresses (the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
· we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all, or assess any application you have made to us;
· we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions or competitions; or
· we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
ShortPress collects personal information about you for the purpose of its provision of services to you and the operation and administration of the organisation. In addition, ShortPress may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following related purposes:
· providing products, services, deals and competitions offered by us and/or our commercial associates, partners and sponsors to you and sending communications requested by you;
· answering enquiries and providing information or advice about our business, existing and new products, assets, services and in relation to technical matters;
· providing you with access to protected areas of our websites;
· assessing the performance of our websites and improving the operation of those websites;
· tailoring and personalising website content and deals offered by us and/or our commercial associates, partners and sponsors, depending on your location and interests;
· conducting business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
· conducting research from time to time based on the information ShortPress collects from you;
· administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), recruitment, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of ShortPress and its contractors, service providers, partners or other third parties;
· updating our records and keeping your contact details up to date;
· providing your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, partners or service providers;
· updating our records and keeping your contact details up to date;
· processing and responding to any complaint made by you; and
· complying with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
To whom may ShortPress disclose your information?
ShortPress may disclose your personal information to:
· its employees, related bodies corporate, members of our online community, contractors, or service providers located in Australia and overseas including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants, for the purposes of providing services in connection with the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling your requests or enquiries, and to otherwise provide products and services to you;
· suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
· any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You have certain rights to access personal information held by ShortPress. To request access or to find out what information we have about you, please contact our Privacy Officer (see details below). Where ShortPress holds information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing you the information. We will not charge you for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where ShortPress cannot grant you access to the personal information it holds. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please email@example.com with a full description of the issue. ShortPress will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. ShortPress’ Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
ShortPress may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate located in Australia and New Zealand, service providers including data hosting and other IT service providers located overseas including New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States and other third parties, for some of the purposes listed above.
ShortPress takes reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
ShortPress takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
oOh!media Operations Pty Limited
Post: Level 2, 76 Berry Street, North Sydney NSW 2060
Tel: 02 9927 5555