Terms & Conditions: ShortPress
Agreement means this document which set out the rights and obligations of You and ShortPress as varied from time to time.
Personal Information has the same meaning as provided under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
ShortPress/Us/We means oOh!media Operations Pty Limited (ABN 44 094 713 210) and its related bodies corporate.
ShortPress Inventory means any of ShortPress’ advertising platforms or assets including in the retail, road, airport and place precincts and as may be updated from time to time.
ShortPress Platform means the ShortPress responsive websites located at www.shortpress.com.au, and display of advertising and ShortPress content on the ShortPress Inventory.
Sponsor means a third party that ShortPress collaborates with in response to operating and promoting the ShortPress Platform, including ShortPress’ advertising partners.
Submitted Content means anything which you submit, whether written, photographic or otherwise, as a User or through the ShortPress Platform.
User/You/Your means a person that uses or completes the sign up form on the ShortPress Platform.
Your access to the ShortPress Platform is conditional upon your acceptance of and compliance with all terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers contained in this Agreement and anywhere else on the ShortPress Platform. You may be required to acknowledge your acceptance of this Agreement in order to access exclusive content on the ShortPress Platform.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement at any time, and you should check the Agreement from time to time for that reason. We will provide notification via the ShortPress Platform of any substantial changes to this Agreement. If we amend this Agreement and you do not notify us to the contrary, your continued use of the ShortPress Platform will constitute your acceptance of the amended Agreement terms.
All Users must be 18 years or older and resident (temporarily or permanently) in Australia. If you are under 18 years old, you must receive consent from your parent or guardian become you can become a User.
By becoming a User you will gain access to exclusive content on the ShortPress Platform. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure your access is uninterrupted and error free, however we cannot provide any guarantees that all information will be accessible at all times or on all devices. You are responsible for the costs of establishing and maintaining an internet connection to access the ShortPress Platform and any associated ancillary costs.
As a User, you are part of a community of people using the ShortPress Platform. We require that all Users comply with certain standards of behaviour when using the ShortPress Platform, uploading or downloading content or otherwise acting in your capacity as a User or related to the ShortPress Platform. The standards required of Users are set out below.
- The ShortPress Platform is only available for your personal use and for limited business networking purposes. You will not use the ShortPress Platform for the purpose of advertising, promoting or soliciting any goods or services, or otherwise engaging in trade or commerce.
- You must respect all Users and contributors to the ShortPress Platform and not make any remarks which are illegal, defamatory or likely to offend other Users or infringe upon any third party’s rights. We may immediately remove or require the removal of any content submitted by any User at any time in relation to or on the ShortPress Platform.
- You are solely responsible for your engagement on the ShortPress Platform. You must not knowingly post or transmit or permit the posting or transmission of any material, which contains a computer virus or anything else which may compromise security of the ShortPress Platform or be harmful to other Users or the ShortPress Platform.
- Any Submitted Content must be your own original work and not breach any other person’s rights. You warrant that you own all intellectual property in the Submitted Content and you authorise ShortPress and the Sponsor to use the Submitted Content on the ShortPress Platform and for direct marketing purposes.
- As a User you may be given the opportunity to participate in promotions or competitions hosted by ShortPress or the Sponsor from time to time. These competitions will be subject to individual terms and conditions which you must accept before participating. Where a competition is run by the Sponsor or another third party, ShortPress is in no way responsible for the competition and you will be subject to any separate terms and conditions provided for the promotion.
- You should advise us of any changes to the information submitted in your Sign Up Form. We will do our best to update these details once notified.
- Users must not post personal information on public or accessible parts of the ShortPress Platform such as your telephone number, addresses or other information that could be used to identify you. If you choose to do so it will be entirely at your own risk.
ShortPress will provide the ShortPress Platform and exclusive User content to you. ShortPress will facilitate an online community through the ShortPress Platform by providing content, enabling Users to contribute to the ShortPress Platform and offering special offers and competitions. In undertaking its role, ShortPress will endeavour to:
- Ensure all information on the ShortPress Platform provided by ShortPress is up to date to the best of its knowledge. However, ShortPress will not be liable for any incorrect or incomplete information displayed on the ShortPress Platform or for any comments or information posted by Users or other third parties.
- Provide a mix of content across different categories and of both local and national relevance.
- Store and use any information (including Personal Information) which you provide as a User in compliance with the law and the terms of this Agreement.
- Advise you of any changes to this Agreement.
ShortPress may remove, vary or edit, delete, reject or remove any content or article which is posted by Users or third parties. The views which are expressed on the ShortPress Platform are not ShortPress’ views and ShortPress accepts no liability in respect of any material posted and is not responsible for its content and accuracy.
Your Personal Information
[If you are provided a password for your User account, you must keep this password secure and not allow others to access your account. You must notify us immediately of any authorised use of your account.
Terminating a User Account
If you have a User account, you may terminate your User account at any time by providing us with notice in writing. We may terminate your User account at any time including if you breach any terms of the Agreement or if we decide to cease operating the ShortPress Platform or offering User accounts. We will provide notice to you in writing using the contact information provided in your Sign Up Form in the event of a termination.
In the event the account is terminated we will remove all account information from our direct marketing system within 30 days of receiving a request.
Questions or Complaints
If at any time you have any complaints or questions about the ShortPress Platform, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to provide a response within 5 business days.
In addition to contacting you by email, we or our Sponsor may occasionally contact you by SMS, if you opt in to receiving communications from us in this manner in the User Application Form. Any marketing SMS will include an option to opt out by replying to the message. Standard charges apply to any SMS you send in accordance with your phone carriers service charges.
As part of the ShortPress Platform you may elect to connect with us through various social media channels such Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. In order to connect you will be required to set up your own account with the relevant social media site and you will be subject to terms and conditions prescribed by the operators of such sites. ShortPress is in no way associated with or endorsed by any social media channels and is not responsible for any content posted by Users or other third parties through such sites.
Except where expressly stated otherwise we make no representations about the content and suitability for any purpose of the information contained on the ShortPress Platform. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. All content, including opinions, offers, statements and advice, made available through the ShortPress Platform are those of their respective contributors and not of ShortPress, and should not necessarily be relied upon. ShortPress disclaims (to the full extent allowable by law), all warranties with regard to this information, including any advertisements, including all implied warranties as to merchantability or fitness for use. We shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever including any special, indirect or consequential damages resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action in contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with access to the ShortPress Platform or the use or performance of information contained in it.
Notwithstanding our right to supervise activity on the ShortPress Platform, we have no obligation to monitor interactivity or content uploaded on the ShortPress Platform directly by Users in any way. By participating as a User, you grant to ShortPress a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted world-wide licence to use, copy, sub-licence, re-distribute, adapt, transmit, publish and/or broadcast, publicly perform and display any information or material you submit or upload to the ShortPress Platform. Your licence will be by reference to the material placed by you on the ShortPress Platform. You expressly waive in favour of ShortPress and any other party authorised by ShortPress all moral rights and any similar rights in any jurisdiction which you may have or hereafter acquire. ShortPress retains the right and discretion (but not the obligation) to edit, delete, reject or remove any content or article or terminate which you post or seek to post on ShortPress Platform. You consent to ShortPress collecting and storing your IP address for security purposes.
You will not submit any material to any ShortPress Platform that:
- is unoriginal, or in which you don’t own the copyright, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the copyright, registered trademark or intellectual property rights of another person;
- is (or could reasonably be expected to be) obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or unlawful;
- is (or could reasonably be expected to be) defamatory of any person;
- is racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability; or
- you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive.
We accept no responsibility for your use of the ShortPress Platform or the actions of other Users, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless ShortPress and its related bodies corporate and their employees, officers, agents and contractors from and against all actions, proceedings, suits, claims and demands brought or made against ShortPress and its related bodies corporate by any person arising from or in consequence of your use of the ShortPress Platform, and from and against any damage, loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by ShortPress as a direct or indirect consequence thereof.
The content provided on the ShortPress Platform by us (whether produced by a third party, the Sponsor, Users or otherwise) may include copyright material. All content and other information, text, images, graphics, software, applications and advertisements contained on the ShortPress Platform are protected by International and Australian copyright law, and all rights are reserved. Except where expressly stated otherwise all material on the ShortPress Platform is presented for your information, entertainment and limited business networking purposes only, and you are not permitted to download any material except when reasonably necessary to access the ShortPress Platforms or to participate as a User. When you access a ShortPress Platform, you agree that you do so on the following conditions:
- Except as noted above, you may retrieve, review or download the material for your personal information, entertainment and limited business networking purposes only.
- You may save a local copy of or print material from it for your own personal information or entertainment and limited business networking purposes, and to inform others about it, but you may not charge any fee for any use and all commercial exploitation of any material on the ShortPress Platform is expressly prohibited.
- Any copyright notice or mark appearing on any material on the ShortPress Platforms must be included on any copy you make.
- You must keep all material intact and in the same form as presented on the ShortPress Platform; you may not modify it without the express permission of ShortPress.
- You must not use the ShortPress Platform or any of the material contained in it for any purpose which is unlawful, prohibited under this Agreement, or which violates any right of ShortPress or any other owner of any rights in the material contained in the ShortPress Platforms.
The ShortPress logo, any oOh!media logos and any Sponsor/s’ logo(s) are registered trademarks and may not be used without the prior specific and written permission of ShortPress or the Sponsor (as applicable). No other trademark appearing in the ShortPress Platforms may be used without the prior specific and written permission of the trademark owner.
Links and Advertisements
The ShortPress Platforms may contain hyperlinks to internet ShortPress Platform operated by third parties which may be accessible through advertisements, content or through email communications. We will endeavour to ensure that all links are current but we are not responsible for the contents of any linked ShortPress Platform. The inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked ShortPress Platforms by ShortPress. Any link within the ShortPress Platform, which takes you to a third-party platform should only be clicked on at your own risk. ShortPress does not endorse or in any way adopt representations made by advertisers on the ShortPress Platform or any linked website, nor are any offers made by such advertisers or ShortPress Platform operators also made by ShortPress.
This agreement between you and ShortPress will be governed by the Laws of Australia. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a Court of Law, it shall be severed and will not affect the remainder of the agreement, which will continue in full force and effect. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
ShortPress Terms of Engagement
ShortPress’ social media platforms may allow you to post, comment and share your content online and on a mobile platform. Some of your content could also get shared across digital signage on ShortPress Inventory, as well as across a wider community of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
By interacting with the ShortPress community, you agree to your content being published across these various capacities. You also agree with our Terms of Engagement (see below). ShortPress reserves the right to remove, edit or otherwise modify any post that does not adhere to these Terms of Engagement.
ShortPress is a digital platform that connects people. ShortPress expects you to treat other ShortPress users like you would another person in real life. Respectful disagreement and debate is encouraged, however ShortPress does not tolerate trolling or unwarranted aggression.
Please do not post on ShortPress any inappropriate, abusive or offensive content including any posts depicting, containing or referencing excessively profane language, vulgarism and/or any derogatory allusions to any ethnic, religious or sexual groups.
ShortPress adheres to intellectual property laws. By posting content to our platforms, you agree that you own the rights to any content posted.
If you break any of these Terms of Engagement, ShortPress reserves the right to delete any of your offensive or inappropriate content, including comments, posts, forum threads or other content. If you continue to violate terms in the future, ShortPress also reserves the right to revoke your account or otherwise block you, and you will be unable to contribute to ShortPress in any capacity. The same rules apply to those who post spam.
ShortPress also has a ‘three strikes’ policy that allows users to report inappropriate or offensive content, including comments, posts, forum threads or other content. If your content receives three reports, it will be taken down immediately.